THE THAMES: LONDON’S CROWN JEWEL
The Thames: London’s Crown Jewel, an interactive e-book for iPad, officially endorsed by the Thames Diamond Jubilee Foundation
The user is taken on a multi-media journey along the river, viewing 60 prominent London landmarks along the way to celebrate 60 years of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign.
Beginning with the contemporary buildings and modern architecture of Chelsea Harbour and ending with the iconic 126-year-old Tower Bridge, the App navigates the river and its historical surroundings through stunning photographs, narrative text, audio clips and video.
The App is perfect for those preparing for a trip to London as it provides a short history of 60 notable landmarks, some of which are open to the public, some are privately owned and some are free to visit. Learn some interesting facts before your trip and amaze your friends and family with your knowledge. The App also contains some stunning photos that show a different side to London. So whatever the weather you will have a great memento of your trip
- READ the fascinating history about 60 landmarks along the Thames
- SEE beautiful photos, illustrations & paintings
- WATCH original time lapse videos accompanied by music performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra
- LISTEN to audio clips including music from the London Philharmonic Orchestra and extracts of Shakespeare
- EXPLORE the landmarks using an interactive map
- WATCH short interviews
River Art Productions will donate 50% of the profits from the App to the Thames Diamond Jubilee Foundation.